Savannah River Remediation (SRR) and the University of South Carolina in Aiken, SC (USCA), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to help students prepare for careers, particularly in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
In addition, this MOU will help strengthen the ties between SRR and the University.
This MOU includes:Continue funding scholarships for URS/SRR Engineering Scholars;
- Providing opportunities for summer interns at SRR;
- Conducting career development seminars on campus led by an SRR Executive;
- Supporting USCA faculty by providing Guest Lecturers to provide Subject Matter Expertise;
- Jointly participating in college and career fairs starting in the 2013/2014 school year; and
- Supporting 1-on-1 mentoring relationships for career advice and placement opportunities for students.
SRR is the Savannah River Site's Liquid Waste contractor for the U.S. Department of Energy. SRR is composed of a team of companies led by URS Corp. with partners Bechtel National, CH2M Hill and Babcock & Wilcox. Critical subcontractors for the contract are AREVA, Energy Solutions and URS Professional Solutions.