Suspect in Boston Marathon Bombings Communicates

In a little less than an
hour many Americas will pause for a moment of silence to remember the victims
of the marathon bombing attack.

A week ago today, bombs
blew up in Boston, Massachusetts, killing three people and injuring many more.

One of the suspects in the
deadly terror attack is in the hospital and communicating with authorities.

Abc’s Marci Gonzalez reports.

One week since the bombings – the
streets surrounding the scene where three people were killed and more than 170
were injured – are still closed.

The first funeral is being held – and
the one surviving suspect remains in the hospital.

19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has a neck wound –
but we're told – is answering some questions – in writing.

Investigators – still – trying to
learn why – he – and his now deceased 26- year-old brother, tamerlan –
allegedly carried out the deadly attack – and what – they planned to do next-

The Watertown Police Chief says – when
they confronted the two Thursday night – they had an arsenal of weapons – and
explosives –

“They still had bombs. I believe
my officers heroically defended that turf.  if they ever got away from there, they had a
plan to kill more people.”

Part of the investigation is now
focused on Tamerlan's  6-month trip home
to  Russia last year – and any
connections possibly made there.

Prior to the trip – Russian
authorities feared he could connect with Islamic radicals and asked American
authorities to investigate.

The FBI did, and cleared him

With still so many questions
unanswered – throughout Boston today – the focus – remains on the victims-

those now being laid to rest – and
those badly injured – just starting the long road to recovery. 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus