July 4th is right around
the corner and with any Independence Day celebration comes fireworks.
But if not handled
correctly, fireworks can be dangerous.
So, how can you protect
your family from firework injuries?
Fireworks are part of the fun on
Fourth of July, but they can also cause injuries, including burns, contusions,
lacerations, and foreign objects in the eye.
In some cases they can even be
So be cautious when using these
– Never let little children play with
– Always have an adult present when
using fireworks in your backyard.
– The centers for disease control and
prevention says avoid buying fireworks packaged in brown paper, which often
means they were made for professional displays and could be dangerous for the
– Always watch fireworks displays from
a safe distance.
– And have a cell phone ready in case
you need to call 9-1-1.
All good tips for a safe and happy 4th.