South Carolina Supreme Court justices are expected to have a decision on the Project Jackson case by the middle of July.
The court will rule on whether the financing plan for the project was done correctly, but that’s not the only part of the case the justices will rule on.
As part of River Club homeowner’s Steve Donohue’s lawsuit against the city, he’s questioning if city leaders met behind closed doors to discuss Project Jackson, which would be a possible violation of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
During Tuesday’s hearing, the justices had a lot of questions about the city’s use of executive sessions.
Donohue and his attorney say the city would meet about Project Jackson, but never announce it during public meetings.
The city’s attorney says that council members were talking about contracts though, which is something that state law allows behind closed doors.
City leaders say they need to be able to conduct that type of business in executive session.
If the South Carolina Supreme Court finds that the city did violate the FOIA, Donohue and his attorney are requesting that the city pay for their attorney fees, that the city ordinance be nullified, and that the case be sent back down to the lower courts.
PROJECT JACKSON TIMELINE:
- UPDATED ON 6: South Carolina Supreme Court Hears Project Jackson Arguments
- Project Jackson Supreme Court Case Scheduled
- Project Jackson Going Back Before The South Carolina Supreme Court
- Project Jackson Could Be Delayed Until 2017
- WJBF EXTRA: A Look Back at Project Jackson’s History
- New Renderings Released for Project Jackson
- Lower Cost Design for Future GreenJackets Home
- Construction Underway For Project Jackson Related Structures
- General Contractor Selected For Project Jackson Stadium
- Project Jackson Headed To Supreme Court
- North Augusta Woman Protesting Project Jackson
- Sweetwater Brewing Company Working On Project Jackson Deal
- North Augusta Officials Say Court Hearings Are Holding Up Project Jackson Progress
- N. Augusta Budget Passes First Reading, Project Jackson Bids In
- BREAKING ON 6: Project Jackson Headed Back To Court
- North Augusta Moving Forward With Project Jackson Parking Deck
- New Renderings Released For Project Jackson
- Read Stephen Donohue’s Motion For Post Trial Relief
- Read Stephen Donohue’s Affadavit
- UPDATED ON 6: Project Jackson Lawsuit May Not Be Settled
- Project Jackson Clears Hurdle, One Step Closer To Happening
- 6 Investigates: Is Project Jackson Property Blighted?
- Verdict On Project Jackson Lawsuit May Have To Wait
- Project Jackson Verdict Could Come This Week Or Late August
- What’s Next For Project Jackson?
- Fate Of Project Jackson In The Hands Of Judge
- Project Jackson Moves Forward, Slowly
- EXCLUSIVE ON 6: Project Jackson Lawsuit Filed Against Man Who Filed First Lawsuit
- Date Of Project Jackson Lawsuit Trial Pushed Back
- Project Jackson Stadium Delayed Until Spring 2016
- River Club Homeowners Association Wants Name Taken Off Project Jackson Lawsuit
- River Club Home Owners Outraged By HOA Suit
- River Club HOA Files Lawsuit To Stop Project Jackson
- Lawsuit Filed To Stop Project Jackson
- Progress on Project Jackson
- Impact of Project Jackson on North Augusta Greeneway
- Last Public Hearing Held For Project Jackson Financing Plan
- Project Jackson Developer Talks About Lawsuit
- Taking The Politics Out Of Project Jackson
- Entrepreneurs Interested In Developing Near Project Jackson
- WJBF Investigates: Would Project Jackson’s Impact Be Countywide?
- Aiken County Residents Speak Out About Project Jackson
- WJBF Investigates: Robocalls About Project Jackson: Information or Misinformation?
- Project Jackson Public Hearing Held Tonight
- Council Approves First Reading Of Project Jackson Agreement
- Tuesday Night Vote Could Move Project Jackson Closer To Becoming Reality
- Long Road Ahead For Project Jackson
- School Board Approves Project Jackson Financing Plan
- School Board Says Yes to Project Jackson
- Aiken County Schools Do The Math On Project Jackson
- Are Parts Of Project Jackson Conflicts Of Interest?
- Project Jackson: Comparing NA Plans to Greenville, SC Stadium
- Public Speaks About Project Jackson To School Board
- North Augusta Officials Pitching New Baseball Stadium Plan
- Looking Forward and Getting You Answers First on Project Jackson
- Take Me Out to The Ball Game: North Augusta Leaders Scope Out Baseball Stadiums
- Will Augusta Try To Keep The GreenJackets In The Garden City?
- How Will Project Jackson Be Funded?
- How Your Vote Will Vote For You: North Augusta Candidates on Project Jackson
- UPDATED ON 6: North Augusta City Council Holds Meeting On Funding For New Riverfront Sports Complex Tuesday Night
- Brick Pond Park Versus Potential Ballpark: Looking At The Impact Of The GreenJackets’ Potential New Home
- UPDATED ON 6: Augusta GreenJackets Sold, New Baseball Stadium Proposal Submitted To North Augusta City Leaders
- North Augusta Mayor Expects Residents To Be Impressed By Project Jackson Proposal
- Could The Augusta Green Jackets Be Moving To North Augusta?