North Augusta officials will not confirm or deny that they are talking with the developer of a proposed water park.
Scuttle’s Island Water Park was originally supposed to be built in Columbia County, but the developer backed out last month.
Benjamin Bell tells us he is interested in McDuffie and Aiken Counties, as well as the city of North Augusta.
On Tuesday, we asked North Augusta’s city administrator about the possibility of the water park being built there.
“I think with every project you have to look at specific use and whether uses are appropriate for appropriate areas. Would I say that a water park is appropriate for the river front? No,” Todd Glover told us.
Bell says he has had talks with McDuffie and Aiken Counties.
He says the new location could be announced in the next few weeks.
- UPDATED ON 6: Developer Looking At Several Options To Locate Water Park
- Where Will Scuttle’s Island Water Park Be Built?
- Lights of the South Gets Green Light
- Rally To Be Held For Lights Of The South
- Lights of the South’s Business License Revoked
- Scuttle’s Island Rezoning Proposal Goes Back to Square One
- DEVELOPING ON 6: Scuttle’s Island Owner Withdraws Plans to Build Water Park
- Scuttle’s Island Rezoning Tabled Until April, Citizens Disapprove
- County Officials Still Want Water Park to Happen
- Commissioners See Problems With Scuttles Island Infrastructure
- Water Park Developer Says Summer 2016 Opening Possible
- “Lights of the South” Owner Unveils Water Park Plans
- UPDATED ON 6: Water Park Coming To Columbia County