Augusta, GA – High school students will have an opportunity to meet recruiters from more than 130 colleges and universities and win $13,000 in scholarships at this year’s CSRA College Night.
The event will be held Thursday night from 5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the James Brown Arena, in Augusta. Savannah River Nuclear Solutions is hosting the event.
Admission is free and open to the public.
College Night provides a way for CSRA students and parents to:
- Obtain information on educational opportunities, admission requirements and tuition;
- Speak with representatives from various professional societies who will be on hand to provide information in areas such as engineering, management, chemical science and nuclear science;
- Attend seminars to get information about HOPE and LIFE scholarships, financial aid and essay writing for college admissions, scholarships and joint enrollment;
- Visit a counseling center that will be open throughout the evening where students and parents can seek advice about the college application process from high school advisors and admissions professionals; and
- Visit a career exploration area where students can discover their options after college. Students will be able to participate in a quick “card sort” interest inventory to validate their career choice.
To qualify for a College Night scholarship, students must be high school juniors or seniors and graduate with a GPA equal or above 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). Students must attend and register in person at CSRA College Night to be eligible.
Click here for more information.