Charleston Shooting Documents

People stand outside as parishioners leave the Emanuel A.M.E. Church, Sunday, June 21, 2015, in Charleston, S.C., four days after a mass shooting at the church claimed the lives of its pastor and eight others. (AP Photo/Stephen B. Morton)
(AP Photo/Stephen B. Morton)

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) – A South Carolina judge is allowing the release of some documents in the shooting deaths of nine black parishioners at a South Carolina church but blocking release of audio, video and pictures identifying the victims.

Circuit Judge J.C. Nicholson issued an order Wednesday after a private meeting with attorneys earlier this week.

The judge had earlier blocked the release of all documents and prevented attorneys from discussing the case, saying he was concerned that the right to a fair trial for Dylann Roof, who is charged in the June shootings at the Emanuel AME Church.

The judge’s four-page order says that a transcript of the 911 calls may also be released.

But Charleston County spokesman Shawn Smetana says there is no transcript, only audio, of 911 calls to county dispatchers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s