***UPDATED at 11:10 A.M. on Wednesday, October 28th***
A bond has been set for Mary Todd at $245,000. There were also conditions placed on her bond, they are as follows:
1. She shall be transported from ACDC by ACSO upon notice that a bed is available at Aurora.
2. She shall undergo a psychiatric evaluation & remain at Aurora for as long as the staff requests.
3. She shall comply with any follow up.
4. She will be placed on electronic GPS monitoring and house arrest. House arrest with the exception of church, doctor and attorney visits.
5. She will also be restricted to living with her daughter.
6. She shall NOT possess any firearms. Any firearms located in her prospective location must be be removed prior to Todd residing at that location.
7. She shall surrender her passport to the 2nd Judicial Circuit Solicitors Office once it is located.
***UPDATED at 11:01 A.M. on Tuesday, October 20th***
Beech Island, SC – We have learned that a Beech Island woman has been charged in the shooting death of her husband early Tuesday morning in Beech Island at 2199 Maggie Valley Lane.
According to Captain Eric Abdullah, with the Aiken County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to the scene around 4:23 a.m.
Capt. Abdullah says, when responding deputies arrived on scene, they found 78-year-old William Todd suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to the abdomen. The victim’s wife, 76-year-old Mary Faglier Todd, was the only other person in the home at the time of the incident.
Aiken County EMS responded to the scene where William Todd was pronounced dead.
Investigators and Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton responded to the scene to assist with this investigation. Preliminary investigation revealed that Mrs. Todd shot her husband after a domestic argument.
According to Sheriff’s Office records, there were no previous documented domestic incidents, or calls, that involved the couple.
Investigators arrested Mrs. Todd on the charges of Murder and the Possession of a Firearm During a Commission of Violent Crime. She was taken to the Aiken County Detention Center without incident.
Capt. Abdullah tells us this is an ongoing investigation and information that can be released will be as it becomes available.
***POSTED at 5:57 A.M. on Tuesday, October 20th***
Beech Island, SC – Aiken County law enforcement officials are investigating an early Tuesday morning shooting in Beech Island, South Carolina that has resulted in the death of one man.
The shooting occurred on Maggie Valley Lane just off Lanier Road just after 5:00 a.m. Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton confirms with WJBF News Channel 6 that 78-year-old William Todd was killed after allegedly being shot by his wife. The coroner also tells us that the shooting stemmed from a long-running domestic dispute.
The shooter’s name is not known at this time. An autopsy is scheduled for later this morning in Newberry, South Carolina.
This investigation is ongoing. Stay with WJBF News Channel 6 as we learn more information.