Augusta, GA – After its multi-million dollar renovation, The Partridge Inn revamped its restaurant entirely with a Chef who is sure to spark your taste buds. Chef Robert Plouffe joined us on Good Morning Augusta with a Valentine’s Day menu that dates back to 1926.
Chef Robert, who hails from Canada, has worked in Paris, Tours, and Lacal, Mayenne, France, Montego Bay Jamaica and St. Thomas Virgin Islands. He came to Augusta after managing two restaurants as executive sous chef in Birmingham. He also led the pastry programs at several Hilton hotels in New Orleans.
The Valentine’s Day menu was originally served on February 14, 1926 at The Partridge Inn. It includes:
- A Cajun-style “mock turtle soup” instead of mock turtle angelaise
- fish and chips instead of fried sea bass
- poached spring chicken instead of broiled chicken
- salmon instead of sweetbreads
- pineapple upside down cake instead of Yorkshire pudding
To dine at The Partridge Inn Friday, February 12 to Sunday, February 14, be sure to RSVP by calling The Partridge Inn at 706-737-8888. Guests can choose from a three-course $45 menu or a four-course $55 menu, as well as a-la-carte options.