AUGUSTA, Ga. – Augusta University’s Half Marathon and 10k happens this Sunday and many Augusta roads will be closed for a time to accommodate the race.
According to the Augusta Sports Council, the following roads will be closed during the approximate times listed:
- Milledge Rd from Lake Olmstead Stadium to Broad St- Closed from 7:30am-8:30am
- Broad St- Eastbound right lane from Milledge Rd to 7th Street – Closed from 8:00am-9:15am
- Crawford Ave- Southbound right lane from Broad St to Walton Way – Closed from 8:05am-8:30am
- Greene St- Westbound right lane from 7th Street to St. Sebastian Way – Closed from 8:20am-9:35am
- Milledge Rd – Northbound lane from Walton Way to Broad St – Closed from 8:15am-9:05am
- St. Sebastian Way – Southbound right lane from Greene St to Walton Way – Closed from 8:25am-9:40am
- Walton Way – Westbound right lane from St. Sebastian Way to Highland Ave – Closed from 8:30am-10:15am
- Highland Ave/Berckmans Rd to Washington Rd – Northbound Ln – Closed from 8:45am-11:00am
- Washington Rd – Eastbound right lane from Berckmans Rd to Broad St Ramp – Closed from 9:00am-11:20am
- Broad St – Eastbound left lane from Ramp to Milledge Rd – Closed from 9:00am-11:20am
- Broad St – Westbound right lane from Milledge Rd to Lakemont Dr – Closed from 8:15am-11:30am
- Lakemont Dr- Northbound Ln from Broad Street to Milledge Rd – Closed from 8:25am-11:45am
- Lake Olmstead Park – Be alert for runners and spectators inside and around the park 8:00am-12:00pm
Nearly 1,500 runners are expected to compete in the 8th annual event. The race begins on Milledge Road at 8:00 a.m. in front of Lake Olmstead Stadium and will finish inside Lake Olmstead Park.
Registration for the Augusta University Half Marathon and 10k is ends tonight at midnight. To sign up, click here. Sign up will also be available at the Health and Wellness expo Friday, February 26 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, February 27 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Julian Smith Casino.