Augusta, GA– The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office has arrested another suspect and charged him with murder in relation to the fight that happened in South Augusta on March 18th. Terry Lee Daniels (19) has been arrested and charged with murder.
AUGUSTA, GEORGIA UPDATED 3/22/2016 at 8:24 PM – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is releasing the list of names of people involved with the death of Demajhay Bell. Bell was fatally stabbed on Chaps Lane in Hephzibah after a fight broke out involving several people.
The following people have been arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault and Murder:
- Quiauna Henley, 35, of Chukar Ct., Hephzibah
- Quiasha Henley, 18, of Chukar Ct., Hephzibah
- A’Lexis Cain, 18, of Green Forest Dr., Hephzibah
- Tyteanna Thomas, 18, of East Kensington Dr., Augusta
- Raheem Jobes,19, of Westfield Dr., Augusta
- Myah Dunbar, 18, of Portsmouth Place, Hephzibah
- Eyvette Lashawn Byrd, 39, of Chaps Lane, Hephzibah
- Demetrius Lamont Harris Jr., 21, of Chaps Lane, Hephzibah
Deputies have issued warrants for the following people:
- Terry Lee Daniels, 19, of Amsterdam Drive, Augusta
- Eddie Doneal Carter III, 18, formerly of Wharton Drive, Augusta
This is an ongoing investigation. Count on News Channel 6 to bring you the latest information as it develops.
AUGUSTA, GEORGIA – There have been 3 more arrests in the fight that lead to the stabbing death of Demajhay Bell on Chaps Road in South Augusta.
One of those charges is of murder. Two of those women arrested Monday in connection with the fight, also saw their charges upgraded to include a murder.
The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office tells us how the fight started and the resulting death of Demajhay Bell are all still under investigation.
- Eyvette Lashaun Byrd is charged with murder.
- Myah Tyanna Dunbar is charged with murder and aggravated assault.
- Tyteanna Larosie Thomas has also been charged with murder and aggravated assault.
This is a developing story, stay with News Channel 6 for more information as it becomes available.
AUGUSTA, GEORGIA – Richmond County Investigators arrested 3 women Monday in connection with the fight.
The charges on the following women have been upgraded to include the charge of murder along with the previous charge of aggravated assault.
- Quiauna Henley was arrested and charged with aggravated assault for hitting Demetrius Harris with a metal bat. Her charges have been upgraded to include murder.
- Quiasha Henly was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault for hitting Demetrius Harris with a metal bat. Her charges have been upgraded to include murder.
- A’Lexis Cain was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault against Demetrius Harris. Her charges have been upgraded to include murder.
To find out how some groups are helping to keep students on a positive track, click here.
AUGUSTA, GEORGIA – WJBF News Channel 6 now knows more about the events that led up to 18-year-old Demajhay Bell’s death.
A Glenn Hills High School fight that transitioned off campus left Bell dead and investigators working to find his killer.
A Richmond County incident report reveals that deputies responded to a large fight in South Augusta, that turned into aggravated assault Friday around 1:50 p.m.
Eyvette Byrd, 39, of Hephzibah, told deputies about 30 to 50 people came to her home on Chaps Lane with baseball bats, pipes, knives and other weapons to fight her 15-year-old daughter. When the fight broke out, Byrd said she and her son, 21-year-old Demetrius Harris, were hit with bats. Bell was stabbed in his neck. Byrd said she tried taking him to the hospital, but when another fight broke out, Bell attempted to drive himself. He later found a Richmond County Marshall’s vehicle and got inside that vehicle. EMS was called and later transported him to the hospital.
Several arrests have been made in connection with the large fight.
- A’Lexis Cain was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault for hitting Harris with a metal bat, seriously injuring him.
- Quiauna Henley was arrested and charged with aggravated assault for hitting Demetrius Harris with a metal bat, resulting in serious injury.
- Quiasha Henly was also arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault for hitting Harris with a metal bat, resulting in serious injury.
Witnesses claim the altercation stems from an ongoing dispute at Glenn Hills High School.
AUGUSTA, GEORGIA – A Hephzibah man is dead after a stabbing that happened on Friday.
The victim has been identified as 18-year-old Demajhay Bell. The stabbing happened on Chaps Lane in Hephzibah Friday afternoon. Bell died at the hospital Sunday morning. Deputies are still looking for the attacker.
An autopsy on Bell will be performed this week.
Augusta, GEORGIA (WJBF) – The Richmond County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a suspect in a stabbing that happened Friday in Hephzibah.
The stabbing happened Friday afternoon at 2206 Chaps Lane, off Saddlebrook Drive, in Hephzibah. This is near Morgan Road Middle School.
The victim has reportedly been taken to a local hospital. The suspect reportedly fled in the direction of Morgan Road and Barton Chapel Road.
Count on WJBF News Channel 6 to provide more details as they become available.