WARRENTON, GA — A Taliaferro County deputy and 13 others are facing commercial gambling charges after a GBI investigation.
A GBI spokesperson says the agency’s Commercial Gambling Unit executed several search warrants in the cities of Warrenton, Camak and Norwood for violations of the state’s commercial gambling laws.
While searching the locations, agents collected evidence related to the crimes and seized assets gained from the illegal use of gaming machines.
Agents say they discovered that customers were receiving cash payouts for winning credits at the machines.
In Georgia, credits may only be used for lottery tickets and/or store merchandise.
Search warrants were executed at the following business locations:
- Camak Grocery & Deli, 3390 Highway 80 N, Camak, GA.
- Gunn Mini Mart, 41 Main Street, Warrenton, GA.
- Chevron, 32 Thomson Hwy., Warrenton, GA.
- Norwood B & D, 4655 Atlanta Hwy., Norwood, GA.
The following individuals were arrested on felony charges of Commercial Gambling:
- Patel, Manishkumar, 40 of Lawrenceville.
- Lalji, Bhanushali, 31 of Warrenton.
- Mistry, Divyeshkumar, 34 of Warrenton.
- Mistry, Leenaben, 26 of Warrenton.
- Mistry, Vinubhai, 60 of Warrenton.
- Mistry, Alpeshkumar, 32 of Warrenton.
- Mistry, Balvantrai, 49 of Martinez.
- Tarver, Ricky, 49 of Warrenton. Tarver is a deputy with the Taliferro County Sheriff’s Office.
- Myricks, Charlie, 69 of Norwood.
- Jackson, Felicia, 41 of Warrenton.
- Walker, Sinetra, 28 of Warrenton.
- Berry, Cotina, 41 of Norwood.
- Harris, Tracey, 26 of Mitchell.
- Reynolds, Patrick, 49 of Warrenton.
More than 20 agents and deputies assisted in the investigation.