AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) – CSRA residents will have chance to cool down with a Dairy Queen Blizzard on Thursday while also helping to raise money for our local pediatric hospital.
Thursday is the annual Miracle Treat Day at CSRA Dairy Queen locations. For every Blizzard sold on Thursday, at least $1 will be donated to the Children’s Hospital of Georgia.
Last year, local DQ stores raised nearly $29,000 for the hospital. This year, Augusta University says the money raised will help purchase i-STAT devices, which are portable handheld blood analyzers. These devices gather information about a patient’s health much quicker than traditional lab methods. Each device costs about $10,000, according to Augusta University.
The following area DQ Stores are supporting CHOG through Miracle Treat Day sales on Thursday, July 28:
- 2837 Central Ave., Augusta
- 3149 Washington Road, Augusta
- 3450 Wrightsboro Road, Augusta Mall
- 4099 Jimmie Dyess Parkway, Martinez
- 3102 Peach Orchard Road, Augusta
- 1234 U.S. Highway 25 North, Millen
- 391 South Main St., Swainsboro
- 1850 Washington Road, Thomson
- 221 S. Liberty St., Waynesboro
- 205 U.S. Highway 1 Bypass, Louisville