Laser ignites fart during surgery causing fire

surgery-generic

(WFLA) – A Japanese hospital says a patient suffered serious burns during surgery because of a fart.

The Asahi Shimbun, a Japanese newspaper, reports the patient farted during surgery, causing the fire.

The incident occurred April 15 at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku, according to The Asahi Shimbun.

The patient, a woman in her 30s, was having a laser applied to her cervix during the surgery, the paper reports.

Hospital staff released a report on Friday saying it appears the woman passed gas, leading the laser to become ignited.

The woman suffered serious burns to much of her body.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s