Firefighters step in after puppy gets his head stuck in tire

BUTTE, Mont. (NEXSTAR MEDIA) — The idiom says curiosity usually kills the cat, but it can get dogs into their fair share of trouble, too.

(Courtesy: Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department/Facebook)
(Courtesy: Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department/Facebook)

One Montana coonhound pup named Blaze learned that the hard way.

According to a Facebook post by the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department, Blaze’s owner returned home Monday to find the pup’s head stuck in a wheel. Blaze was brought to a veterinary hospital who called the local fire department requesting help.

Per the fire crew, no extraction tools were needed — just a lot of coconut oil, patience and strength.

The dog suffered some minor neck swelling but was not injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s