WAYNESBORO, Ga. (WJBF) – The cause has been determined in a deadly Waynesboro fire.
Investigators say that the fire was electrical and has been ruled as accidental.
WAYNESBORO, Ga. (WJBF) – The Burke County Sheriff’s Office has released the names of the two victims of this morning’s deadly house fire in Waynesboro, and it’s two people that were near and dear to the county.
Former Burke County Clerk of Superior Court Sherri C. Cates and her husband Doug Cates died after being transported to an area hospital for treatment.
Sherri reportedly worked at the Clerk’s office for over 21 years. She served as Clerk of Superior Court for 12 years.
The Burke County Sheriff’s Office extends their sympathy, thoughts and prayers to the Cates family in this time.
WAYNESBORO, Ga. (WJBF) – Two people are dead after an early morning house fire in Waynesboro.
It broke out shortly after midnight and happened on the 300 block of Dogwood Drive.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found a house engulfed in flames and smoke and two people dead inside.
The victims were taken to the Burke County medical center where they were pronounced dead.
The names of the victims have not been released.
No word yet on what sparked this deadly fire.
The State Fire Marshall’s Office will be in Waynesboro today to help with the investigation.