(WAVY) — ALDI has voluntarily recalled an assortment of apples due to possible listeria contamination.
The potentially affected products were sold in a limited number of ALDI grocery stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Georgia, Ohio and Indiana.
ALDI says the following products are impacted by this recall:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples, unpackaged, PLU sticker: 3283
If any customers purchased the affected apples, they should immediately throw them out or return them to the store for a full refund.
According to ALDI, there are no reported illnesses related to these products to date.
The recall is in cooperation with Jack Brown Produce, Inc. and, according to ALDI, they removed the products from its stores when they were notified by the supplier.
Customers who have questions about this recall may contact Jack Brown Produce Inc. at 616-887-9568, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.