Cause of death ruled for victims of deadly McCormick house fire

McCORMICK, S.C. (WJBF) – The cause of death has been determined for three children and a father that were killed when their home caught fire.

The incident happened close to 1:00 a.m., Monday morning, on the 500 block of Greenfield Road.

The McCormick County Coroner tells us that all four victims in the mobile home fire died of carbon monoxide poisoning, or smoke inhalation.

She goes on to say that the three children and their father, 25-year-old Nathan Roe, were in their beds. It appears that they died in their sleep.

At this time, SLED has ruled the fire as ‘undetermined’ as the home was so badly damaged that investigators have not been able to find where the fire originated.

Count on NewsChannel 6 for the latest details in this case as they become available.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s